Our tradesman insurance broker service is aimed at small businesses and sole traders who carry out a variety of work at third party locations.
We know that each trade is unique, so we will always tailor our tradesman insurance cover to give you the confidence you need when you are out working. Whether you simply need public liability cover, or you want to make sure your most important tools, plant and materials are protected from theft or accidental damage, our brokers can build a policy that caters for all eventualities.
Please note that public and products liability will be covered as standard within any of our tradesman insurance policies, giving you complete peace of mind that your basic needs will always be taken care of.
What can traders insurance offer you?
Tradesman and trade liability insurance policies are flexible and can be tailored to meet the needs of your business. They are also suitable for sole traders.
- The ability to include up to 10 employees for employers’ liability of £10,000,000
- The opportunity to include temporary employees if required
- Tools cover, including laptop computers
- Contract works cover, with a choice of limits and the option to insure your own plant and hired-in plant
- Personal accident cover for all employees, with the option to choose your limit
- Optional commercial legal expenses cover
- Access to helplines provided automatically
This type of insurance is designed for the majority of tradesmen, sole traders and contractors where the primary cover is for third party liability. We can also add employers’ liability, tools cover, contract works cover, plant (including hired in plant) cover, personal accident benefits and commercial legal expenses to your policy if these areas are of interest.
Trade-specific coverage – for example, to cater for those who work at height or depth, or are exposed to heat – can be made available as required.
To obtain a tradesman insurance quote from Target Zero, you must be able to confirm the following statements are true:
- You work only in England, Scotland, Wales, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
- You do not directly or knowingly supply goods or services to the USA or Canada
- You do not own, lease or rent any business premises, other than storage facilities or office premises for which no cover is available under this contract
- The number of persons working in the business does not exceed 10
- Your turnover does not exceed £10,000,000
- There are no current, ongoing or potential matters that you are aware of that will give rise to any legal or contractual disputes
- The business does not undertake and has never undertaken any work:
- involving the disposal of fumes, effluent or other harmful waste
- in or on aircraft operational areas, chemical works, gas works, nuclear installations, offshore installations, petrochemical works, power stations or railways
Our tradesman insurance policies have been designed for the majority of typical single location offices, too. Before we put together your quote, you must be able to confirm the following statements are true:
- The business does not engage in any wholesaling activity
- The business does not directly or knowingly supply goods to the USA or Canada
- The business does not carry out any trade or manufacturing process
- Any work undertaken away from the premises is of a non-manual nature
- The premises are in a good state of repair and are regularly maintained
- All plant and machinery is in good order, ie properly guarded and fenced
- You confirm that you meet all statutory obligations; including fire safety, electrical inspections, health and safety and COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) regulations, relating to the operation of your business
- There are no subsidiary companies to be included within this insurance
- There are no current or ongoing or potential matters that will give rise to any legal or contractual disputes once the policy is in place
For tailored tradesman insurance quotes and up-to-date insurance advise from experienced brokers, contact Target Zero now.
Target Zero Insurance?
- Honest advice and unrivalled support from trade industry experts
- Tailored commercial insurance policies to meet all your cover requirements
- Free, no obligation commercial insurance quotes for all trade businesses
- Access to whole of market
- Competitively priced premiums
Great value cover, whatever your needs
We at Target Zero understand better than anyone the demands and needs of the construction industry and recognise that your business faces unique risks and challenges every day, because of this we aim to provide you and your business with insurance that protects you and your livelihood day in, day out. With our knowledge of the industry and flexible options you can build a policy that works for you giving you confidence and peace of mind that you are protected where it matters.